Progressing through the ranks from Patrolman to Assistant Chief, John demonstrated the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to be an effective leader in law enforcement. It was my pleasure to have John Lamb as a leader in JSO’s command structure.
John Lamb Real Energy for Flagler County Sheriff
As a resident of Flagler County, John Lamb is finishing a 23-year career in the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office. John will bring to the Flagler County Sheriff’s Office the same energy that saw him quickly rise through the ranks of the Duval County Sheriff’s Office to become Assistant Chief.
As Assistant Chief, he oversaw more than 160 patrol officers, sergeants, and lieutenants, traffic units, beach patrol, and a community-problem response team. He commanded police service to a population of over 192,000, addressing a large array of community issues and crimes. A navy veteran, John Lamb recognizes that law enforcement is a noble calling that embodies strong core values such as trust, respect for others, constant improvement and community focus.
The importance of community engagement and the trust between police and the community must be constantly strengthen. John will walk a different community in Flagler County monthly. Deputies and Supervisors will walk with him going door to door to meet residents in every neighborhood. John will use his experience to define policing problems, establish measurements, set bench marks and ensure problems are addressed, resolved and mitigate the chances of reoccurrence.
As Commander of the Continuous Improvement Unit in the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office, John knows savings can be identified throughout the Sheriff’s office, savings in downtime, duplication of effort, fuel and even paper. Under John’s direction the Sheriff’s office will prove to be good stewards of the community’s resources and money.
A man of strong ethics John has never been disciplined and never brought shame or discredit to his agency or community. He has worked with and led some of the finest men and women in law enforcement. He will lead the Flagler Sheriff’s office with courage and a philosophy that will increase the community’s confidence and appreciation for every officer.
• Born and raised in Jacksonville, FL
• Ranks held: Corrections Officer, Patrol Officer, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Assistant Chief
• Unit Commander Community Affairs, Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office
• Unit Commander Continuous Improvement, Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office
• Assistant Chief Logistics and General Support, Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office
• Assistant Chief Patrol and Enforcement (Zone Commander), Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office
• Member Florida Sheriff’s Association
• Member of Flagler County Kiwanis Club
• Member of Hispanic American Club, Palm Coast
• Six Pillars of Character Award
• Numerous commendations for exceptional work and professionalism
• Bachelor Degree, Liberty University Theology, Philosophy, and Government
• Knights of Columbus, 4th Degree
• Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion
• United States Navy Reserve
• Ironman Triathlon, Louisville, KY